- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
For children under 6 months: Ask a doctor.